IC-BPS FORUM
Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
CalendarCalendar  HomeHome  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

47 y/o female ICBPS over 25 years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
debs1717

PostSubject: 47 y/o female ICBPS over 25 years   Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Symptoms started in childhood with frequent urination.in my 20's went to a urologist after many years of being diagnosed with false UTI's. He gave me a cystoscopy with hydridistension and diagnosed me with IC. I stayed away from any treatment until my 30's. Tried Elmiron and a dmso instillation no relief. Then in my 40's I found a new urologist, had an updated hydro/cysto & diagnosed with "severe" IC with glomerulations.since then tried multiple medications and therapies including antidepressants, antihistamines,antiseizures,muscle relaxers,analgesics, natural remedies,pelvic floor therapy, neuromodulation, etc all with NO relief.what takes the edge off is heat,opiods, & diet.IC has stolen my life, my job, my family & friends. I am in constant pain and use the restroom 20-30 times a day. I have a stimulator implanted in my back which makes no difference.I have pelvic pain, pressure, tenderness, abdominal pain, sharp urethral pain, depression, ibs, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, pelvic congestion syndrome, etc. I am excited to hear of anyone who wants to take interest in this horrible disease. Thank you so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: 47 y/o female ICBPS over 25 years   Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:13 am

Hi Debs1717. This disease was first diagnosed about 120 years ago. In 120 years they haven't really made alt of progress. I have tried the same medications as you, but not neuromodulation. Pressure frequency pain tenderness depression anxiety loss despair. This disease is so serious why hasn't their been more awareness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: 47 y/o female ICBPS over 25 years   Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:14 am

It is a progressive disease in many cases.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

47 y/o female ICBPS over 25 years
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1