IC-BPS FORUM
Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
CalendarCalendar  HomeHome  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Possible symptom treatment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dantheman

PostSubject: Possible symptom treatment   Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi all if you are struggling with your current medications or they aren't working or you are battling with chronic fatigue and other IC
Related conditions along with IC please check out this website. A drug called Naltrexone is being used to treat people with a host of conditions including IC. Just do a Google search for low dose naltrexone or follow the link below.

https://vimeo.com/album/3062815

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: Possible symptom treatment   Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:33 am

Morning Dan,
Again thank you this is interesting, found this as well https://chriskresser.com/low-dose-naltrexone-ldn-as-a-treatment-for-autoimmune-disease
I wonder if it would work on OAB as well as IC. I have just increased the Oxybutinin to 1 and 1/2 tablets a day but will have to drop it back as it is giving me a lot of muscle pain.

Would be nice if LDN could improve life with out causeing other issues. Hope you are coping Ok
T.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: Possible symptom treatment   Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:01 am

Morning Dan

How are you doing ?

Been trying to find anyone on the various forums who may have used LDN, have you given any thought to trying it ? Reading the information I am wondering if it is similar to prednisone. I was on prednisone for about 3 months but had to stop it as my blood pressure went sky high and it is hard to get off as you have to do that very slowly again due to blood pressure.

Seeing the GP on Thursday so will have a chat with him and see what he knows. Had to stop the Oxybutinin, it started to give me the same side effects as the stains ! Massive muscle cramps, and violent head pain, it must be the fillers used in the medication. Back on vesicare, barely takes the edge off the frequency but there is nothing else so far that has any positive effect as small as that might be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: Possible symptom treatment   Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:17 am

As far as LDN goes you have nothing to lose I have been taking it it has helped with joint pain and sleep but I have a complicated bladder condition which goes beyond frequency and urgency. You have nothing to lose. Because my condition has caused psychological problems it's now hard to monitor improvements. Only side effects are vivid dreAms for about a week. It is said to work in the nerves and glia cells and if your IC is due to auto immune then it should be of some benefit. Due to lack of side effects and potential for benefited recommend giving it a go. Uros won't prescribe it probably need to go to a integrative GP someone who practices both naturopathic and western medicine. Most gp's And uros will not try something which hasn't been part of a trial. Won't hurt to try
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: Possible symptom treatment   Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:19 am

Have you tried amytrypteline or elavil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: Possible symptom treatment   Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:51 am

Morning Dan

No not Amytryteline, elavil again gave me migraines. Thanks for that Dan you are a really nice guy, so sick but always willing to help others. Will talk to the GP about it. T
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Possible symptom treatment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1