IC-BPS FORUM
Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
CalendarCalendar  HomeHome  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

New Study Published from MAPP network

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joseph_abney34

PostSubject: New Study Published from MAPP network   Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Here is the link http://www.ebiomedicine.com/article/S2352-3964(16)30127-X/abstract

Basically they found some sort of marker called etiocholan-3α-ol-17-one sulfate (Etio-S) that is associated correlated with elevated symptom scores. Interesting read and though I would let Professor Marshall know and Dr. Antonina.

Hope you all in Australia are doing well. Much love from Kentucky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andi2016

PostSubject: Re: New Study Published from MAPP network   Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 am

Thanks Joseph. I wonder if etiocholan-3α-ol-17-one sulfate is a marker found in other chronic pain conditions or if it's unique to IC/PBS? I hope they explore if it's a possible contributing cause of symptoms OR the result of having the condition. I know there are other chronic conditions that share symptoms with IC/PBS. I've often thought these shared systemic symptoms are the body's response to on-going pain, stress and distress, rather than the disease itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: New Study Published from MAPP network   Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Multidisciplinary study http://www.mappnetwork.org/
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Study Published from MAPP network
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1