IC-BPS FORUM
Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
CalendarCalendar  HomeHome  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rearch into ozone as a possible treatment for IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andi2016

PostSubject: Rearch into ozone as a possible treatment for IC   Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:56 pm

This 2014 study looked into ozone as a possible treatment for interstitial cystitis. They used rabbits and induced a chemical cystitis which replicated IC. They found that ozone administered direct into the bladder resulted in anti-inflammatory effects and was possibly a potential treatment option for IC.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4021650/

To me a chemical cystitis is a damaged bladder lining. I'm not sure that could be considered a true replication. It's interesting that ozone is proven to kill bacteria, viruses and fungus on contact. I wonder if this is a potential treatment option then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: Rearch into ozone as a possible treatment for IC   Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:14 pm

The simple reason why many of these treatments aren't used is because they don't appear on the PBS, urologists and any health care prac would need guts to try any treatment that wasnt approved by the government first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rearch into ozone as a possible treatment for IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1