IC-BPS FORUM
Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
CalendarCalendar  HomeHome  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

How we will run the forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
barjammar

PostSubject: How we will run the forums   Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Cool Today we tested the forum.  We will be adding some content this week and using our letters to generate the FAQ of common questions.  The forum moderators will be Helico_expert (Alfred Chin Yen Tay) and barjammar (Prof Marshall) and Antonina (Dr Antonina Volikova).

Last edited by barjammar on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
barjammar

PostSubject: Australia Day Holiday has delayed the forum postings.   Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Australia Day has slowed down the work ethic here in Perth.  
Hi this is Antonina editing the message to check functions.  OK.  Can I add a URL link?  The UWA google results

Last edited by barjammar on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helico_expert

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:23 pm

welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
barjammar

PostSubject: Spammer strategy - How to remove spammers and their postings   Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:31 pm

As soon as the site goes live I expect human spammer contractors will be posting spam messages.  It takes a little time but, at this stage, all new members who post a message will be vetted and BLOCKED.  This may be only a few. Spam messages typically contain links or are touting some kind of health food or toys. pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
barjammar

PostSubject: Work List This Week   Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Our programmer EL will implement the following tasks:
1. Pay the fee and remove the embarrassing advertisements.  They are so degrading!
2. Create and FAQ list and have it posted up.
3. Wait and see about our spammer attractiveness and strategy
4. Adjust the donations auto-emailer.
5. Check that Safari can show the twitter column correctly and twitter message default is appropriate.
6. Update our profiles.
7. Adjust the .cc and .bcc fields of the web form to contact us.
Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EL

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:06 pm

Hey Barry,
Instructions noted!
Wink

-- The Programmer --
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.elaneconsulting.com
summerly

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:36 am

Thankyou for taking an interest in this condition. I hope your research is successful. We are all watching and waiting with bated breath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andi2016

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:13 am

Dear Dr Volikova, Prof Marshall and Alfred Chin Yen Tay,
There are many people who are thrilled in your decision to research this condition. We can't wait to hear more about the coming project. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jill1947

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:50 pm

So very pleased to know that this condition is to come under the microscope of such a prestigious team. Look forward to hearing about your discoveries. Thank you so very much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antonina

PostSubject: Testing only   Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:42 pm

This is a test from Antonina. Presently looking through the mail and references for FAQ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carrie1

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:45 pm

So pleased to join the forum. There are a lot of us in the UK who have been diagnosed with IC. We are very pleased to see that Professor Marshall is looking at this condition. We all look forward to hearing more about your work as it evolves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
barjammar

PostSubject: Thanks for making contact and showing your interest. IC-BPS Ain't easy!   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:51 am

Just a note to acknowledge that we are receiving letters from all over the world.  At the present we are still collecting information and, hopefully, will start to see a pattern emerge.  We don't have any favourites as far as treatment is concerned.  Antonina will help you make a posting on the "case stories" if you can keep it to 300 words.  Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IC can be cured

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:49 pm

I am so thrilled that your team is researching IC/PBS. Thank to you all. IC/PBS has largely been ignored by medical community but now we have this esteemed team working on this I just know a cause and cure will be found.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lak78

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:03 am

It's fantastic news that your team are taking on research for this completely overlooked condition. Knowing your past success fills me with so much hope that a cause and cure can be found and that in itself makes living with this condition so much more bearable. Thank you thank you thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:38 am

Thank you so much for taking interest in this hideous condition! I pray you are able to educate doctors here in the usa about the embedded bladder infections because they know nothing about it, and even deny it and I know they are wrong.
Back to top Go down
Strandsidemol

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:31 am

So glad for all the research you are taking into IC/BPS please dear god I hope you can find a cause and a cure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:19 am

I thank all on the team who are taking on this mamoth challenge. To have such a team right here in Australia fills me with such hope. Up to now most work being done on IC was in the US and extreamly difficult for Aussies to access.
I ask God to bless the work you do and those doing the work and thank you so very much for trying to help so many of us who live with this horrid illness.
I cant wait for the day when I can finaly have a holiday with out having to plan that hoilday around where the toilets are and can I make the distance between each toilet.
Thank you !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bowie1

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:30 am

May I concurr the above. Thank you so much for taking this horrible debilitating illness seriously and listening to all of us who are suffering. May we all unite and fight together!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:27 pm

I was about twenty or so when i first heard of Prof Barry Marshall. He stuck in my mind because my father had previously passed away from stomach cancer and had had ulcers previously. I remember thinking that fewer people would die as a result of his research. And how fortunate we were to have brilliant people amongst us. In the last 5 years 4 members of my immediate family have been diagnosed with helicobacter and treated successfully. When i heard he was doing research on this disease i was blown away. It will take a long time but i know that if any one can do it it is the Australian Proffesors and research team. Its mammoth task.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:55 pm

It may take years, but we have all been waiting years with nothing happening to help us, now during the comming years we at least know Prof Marshall and his team are there working on finding a way to fix this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strandsidemol

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:19 pm

I am in excruciating pain today Tina mine is defo worse around that time of month Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Hugs Strandsidemol, so sorry to hear. I am still hunting for belladonna herb think I will have to bring it in from the US, it is a muscle relaxant so it might help you as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strandsidemol

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:46 pm

Thanks hun, i will try anything... right now i have really bad digestive issues to put it politely. My whole body is a mess right now and cannot go back into work like this. I dont get it i get an ok day and then whack its like something is taking over my body Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: How we will run the forums   Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:14 pm

I know, I worked for years then it got so bad I had to quit. Many of the medications can give you heart burn and indigestion.
Try a warm bath, or warm hot water bottle. When it gets bad like that you have no choice you just have to go lie down and give your body rest so it can settle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How we will run the forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next