IC-BPS FORUM
Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
CalendarCalendar  HomeHome  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC and my Story...so far!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: IC and my Story...so far!   Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:19 am

Should have read are hard on themselves
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: IC and my Story...so far!   Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:19 am

Should have read are hard on themselves
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: IC and my Story...so far!   Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:22 am

That feeling of no hope is such a common theme amongst us. What's going on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: IC and my Story...so far!   Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:50 am

Something which stands out to me is the effects that food and drink have on me. It seems that even food of the most bland type causes all sorts of strange physiological reactions. MANY OF WHICH occured after taking anti biotics for a month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bowie1

PostSubject: Re: IC and my Story...so far!   Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:35 am

Yes I struggle with most things. I have tried the IC diet and manage with some of the suggested recipes, but as they say we are all different. It's tough as everyone around you seems to enjoy pretty much what they want and you have to be so careful with what you eat.
I know it could be worse so I just get on with the food side of things. It's the urination and pain that's worse for me, I just wish I could go out without worrying about going to the toilet or picking up infections.
Do you do any type of exercise? I try to walk when I can, but have not been able to do much else since all this started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: IC and my Story...so far!   Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:54 am

Is pretty hard to do any thing when you have to pee all the time or you feel like peeing straight after you have already been to the loo. Frequency urgency pain day and night and diet doesn't help. Who feels like doing any thing really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IC Queen

PostSubject: Re: IC and my Story...so far!   Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:37 pm

Hope to never, ever have an indwelling catheter again. Once in England in the 80's cured me of that. WORST pain ever. My family doc last week advised me to call the local hospital and have them put on my chart: Allergic to bladder catheters. It's all he could think of besides one of those bracelets, my thought was that I would need a tattoo "down there" saying no catheters ever into the bladder. To this day I can hear that urologist in the 80's telling me that indwelling catheters did not hurt the rest of the people in the hospital. My former husband, a doctor, came to pick me up and yelled at them for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IC Queen

PostSubject: Re: IC and my Story...so far!   Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:47 pm

Every person in the world has stress, some have horrible stress. Fortunately every person does not get IC, or else the world would just shut down. I remember reading what made the cats with IC worse, stuff like another cat coming into the house, holidays, the typical stressful things that bother us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantheman

PostSubject: Re: IC and my Story...so far!   Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:17 am

They put a in dwelling catheter in me a week ago. It was the worst pain my bladder was trying to push it out. It lasted for half an hour then i had them take it out and i would I'll take my chances. Thank god my flew cam back albeit painfully and slowly. But i know a guy in the US who uses one all the time. He dais it gives him freedom to travel and work and do everything he wants to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarah1234

PostSubject: Re: IC and my Story...so far!   Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:03 pm

I had a bit of anxiety before but having bladder pain made it worse. I had my first anxiety attack a few weeks ago because of this condition. I have anxiety because I'm always cancelling shifts at work because I'm too sore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

IC and my Story...so far!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2