IC-BPS FORUM
Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
CalendarCalendar  HomeHome  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An interesting learning journey and some relief

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tassie IC

An interesting learning journey and some relief Empty
PostSubject: An interesting learning journey and some relief   An interesting learning journey and some relief EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 7:05 pm

I have a diagnosis of Interstitial Cystitis but like many others it took a while. I initially consulted a gynecologist who advised via laparoscopy I had scarring on bladder and was sent to a urologist who did a cystoscopy and advised they couldn't see scarring but my bladder was very pink but that was ok? Several years later after a hysterectomy and bladder tape I saw a Urologist regarding the bladder tape. They did a cystoscopy and diagnosed interstitial cystitis along with removing the bladder tape. I spent 14mths on Amitriptyline which reduced bladder pain but even on 10mg made me feel like a zombie. I decided to have no treatment for the next few years and recently was fortunate have a consult with a gynecologist who is knowledgeable about IC and looks outside the square. I recently had iAluRil treatment via catheter over several months and the only issue with the treatment was urethral spasm which caused residual pain. I found the use of emla cream helped and also antibiotics during treatment. I was also prescribed Cimetidine which I am still using. I also use Vagifem.  I have also been referred to a physio who specializes in pelvic floor and is helping to relax muscles around the bladder area. A couple of weeks after the iAluRil treatment my symptoms have settled and currently do not feel a lot of pain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

An interesting learning journey and some relief
Page 1 of 1